Tips for a Mobile Compatible Website
We are in the age of smartphones and clearly mobile has an edge over the desktop. As the device is mostly used to access the internet, this makes a mobile compatible website an absolute essential for businesses.
Here are some tips for an effective mobile-compatible website:
- Easy and accessibility: The site should be easy to use. There should not be too many layout frames to navigate through. Users want information quickly and a complicated design should not delay the process.
- Linked website: Do not make a separate mobile-compatible website. Instead of formatting content solely suitable for mobile use, make one website that fits both the platforms as different version will affect a site’s performance on the search engines.
- Responsive design: Responsive websites have become an integral part of any business. Responsive design makes a site easily viewable on all devices of different size and resolution.
- Font design: Keep the font as simple as possible. The font should be easy to read and classy at the same time. It should be big enough so that users don’t have to magnify the content every time the website is used.
- High-Resolution Images: in order to make sure that the users experience high standard quality, the images used in the mobile site should be of high resolution. Poor quality images create a bad user experience.
- Text input: Considering the fact that typing detailed text using a mobile device’s keyboard can be quite a tedious task, try to minimize the amount of text required to be inserted into the web forms.
- Remove Default Zoom: Auto zoom tends to mess up layout elements, especially for navigation content and images. Use the viewport meta tag to set up custom variables within the content.
Stay ahead of your competition by having a mobile compatible website.
Why wait? Reach out to us at email@example.com and get your mobile compatible website built today.